Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Golf in Malaysia....

The welcoming committee......monkeys on the roof of the Club House at Desaru, Malaysia.
Beautiful golf course by the ocean, beautiful ,sunny day....

See the muddy spot in the middle of the fairway??? Guess what that small white dot is......


My ball, of course, in the only mud on the entire course!!



Stan and Steve




Steve, Stan, and Jenny putting on the 17th hole.

On October 19th we caught the 30 minute ferry to Malaysia to play golf at Desaru Country Club. We had a great time, but as usual, golf is a major challenge for me! I keep thinking I will get better, but it is a very frustrating game! Oh well, as they say, my cup if always "half-full" so I will keep at it...maybe a few more lessons.....
The monkeys are always fun. They will sneak up to your golf cart and steal whatever they can. They are not afraid of people, and equate a golf cart with snacks, so everything has to stay zipped up in your bag or it is gone for good! They also hang around the Club House looking for free food.



1 comment: