Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back to Costa Rica........Steamin

Share the road, amigo!
This is the trail....see the actual volcano...way off in the distance?

A "volcanocito", or mini volcano with lava and ash.


Bubbling mud pots.



A steam vent, yes, that water is actually boiling!

Have I mentioned what a wonderful, understanding, patient husband I have? I REALLY wanted to go to a volcano while we were in Costa Rica, and nobody else did. The kids elected to stay at the resort and chill by the pool for the day, so Stan graciously agreed to accompany me to the Rincon Volcano National Park. Road signage is not a big budget item in Costa Rica, so you come to an intersection and basically guess which way you should go.....we guessed wrong 3 times. 4 hours later, we arrive at the park....did I mention it was really hot? And the last 10K was a dirt road? And we got behind a cattle drive?.....only to be informed that we couldn't hike up to the volcano because it was too late in the day..4 hours up and 4 hours back, senor! So we hiked through the National Park on a trail which led us past steam vents, mud pots, and baby volcanos. I absolutely loved it...Stan is still trying to decide what I have to do to make that one up to him! Love that man!


No comments:

Post a Comment