Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still Catchin up....Chaing Mai, Thailand

Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep Rajvoravihara in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The Naga Stairs...309 of em leading up to the temple.

Same picture...takin in 1967 by my dad!


Naga stairs....another pic by my dad, way cool, huh?



This is my dad, Hoover Herbert.


Ok, bear with me while I get a little sentimental. I recently visited Chaing Mai, Thailand with a group of my girlfriends. My dad had also been to Chaing Mai in 1967, while he was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War. I went through his old slides and found these pictures taken during that time. We visited the same temple, and took virtually the same pictures! We lost my dad almost 5 years ago, and I have to admit, standing in that place, knowing he had been there was really awesome. I just wish I could call him and talk to him about the experience! Everyone out there, call your daddies right now......

1 comment: