Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Solar Eclipse in Singapore....News Flash!


I'm feeling a bit like Linus today. As you can see, the much anticipated solar eclipse that blacked out much of Asia today was a wash in Singapore! Do any of my fellow boomers out there remember the series of cartoons where Linus is so excited about the solar eclipse, and Lucy is full of dire warnings of "burning your eyes out" by looking at it? Linus devises a way to view it by poking a hole in a piece of paper, and letting the light shine on a second piece of paper.....anyway, eclipse day comes, Linus is standing in the rain, holding his 2 sheets of paper, and Lucy is standing in the doorway calling him a blockhead! Well, I was standing in the rain this morning, just to capture this special moment in history to share with you.......Singapore's Solar Eclipse!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you this morning when I woke and it was dark outside and raining... not a good day for an eclipse... and I do remember the episode you are talking about... where did Charlie Brown go?

    ReplyDelete